Its so hard to believe that in two days we’ll be flying to Bermuda for our friends’ wedding and kicking off our year of travel!
We’ve been talking about this trip for years, so our planned itinerary came together really organically. After kicking off our adventure in Bermuda for a few days we’ll be flying across the Atlantic (through Amsterdam and Delhi) to Kathmandu, Nepal. From there we’ll spend our first month trekking in Nepal around the Annapurna Circuit and heading up to Annapurna Base Camp. After a month in Nepal we’ll fly to Singapore to kick off a couple months in SE Asia.
Nothing is 100% set in stone, but here’s our plan:
- May 3 – May 8: Bermuda (Lisa & Steve’s wedding!)
- May 10 – June 9: Nepal
- June through August: SE Asia! (Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam)
- September: Hong Kong & China (We’re planning a route from Shenzhen to Beijing looping counter clockwise through western China)
- End of September/beginning of October: Trans-Mongolian railroad from Beijing to Moscow with stops in Mongolia
- October: A couple weeks in Russia
- Mid-October – November: The Baltics & Eastern Europe (Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Ukraine, Moldova, Romania)
- December: Greece & Italy
- January: Morocco & Spain
- February: Fly to South America to start last leg of trip
- February – March: A month in Argentina and Chile mainly in Patagonia
- Mid-march – May: Bolivia, Peru, Ecuador
- Mid May 2018: Home!
We appreciate any thoughts, suggestions, contacts in these places!
I have also thought about posting a packing list because I know that’s something a lot of people have asked us about and I see it is a popular topic on other travel blogs. But, I think it makes more sense to hold off until we’ve been on the road a bit because I bet things will change.
With that, we’ll try to post every week or so with photos and what we’re up to and do a recap of each country.
And now, back to packing. See you on the other side!